Setting the Service Type of a proxy service to Messaging Service allows us to set the
Protocol to jms. On a proxy service, the JMS protocol always works inbound, that is, the
proxy service is consuming messages from a queue. On a business service in contrast, the
JMS protocol always works outbound, that is, the business service is putting the message
to a queue.
- Create a new OSB project ConsumeOSBMessage and create a proxy folder
- Create a new proxy service and name it JMSConsumer.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Set the Service Type option to Messaging Service.
- Navigate to the Messaging tab
- Set the Request Message Type option to Text.
- Navigate to the Transport tab.
- Select jms for the value of the Protocol drop-down listbox.
- Enter the end point url
- Navigate to the JMS Transport tab
- Set the Destination Type option to Queue.