This thread discusses the steps to launch a Linux instance using AWS Management Console.
- To launch an Amazon EC2 instance, open the Amazon EC2 console using the URL https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2
- This will take you the following page.
- Click on Launch Instance
- Select The Amazon Machine Image (AMI). Select the 64 bit Amazon Linux AMI. Marked
- Select t1.micro from the instance type page. Click on Next: Configure Instance Details. This will navigate you to the "Configure Instance Details" Page
- Select "Make General Purpose SSD the default boot volume for all instances from the console going forward " as the option.