Installing Oracle WebLogic Server and Creating the Oracle Middleware Home
- Insert the Oracle WebLogic Server CD-ROM or download the Oracle WebLogic Server Installer from the following URL:
- Locate the appropriate executable file for your system, such as:
oepe111150_wls1033_linux32.binfor 32-bit Linux systems - WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
oepe111150_wls1033_win32.exefor 32-bit Windows systems - WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
wls1033_generic.jarfor all 64-bit platforms - WebLogic Server without Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
wls1033_linux32.binfor 32-bit Linux systems - WebLogic Server without Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
wls1033_win32.exefor 32-bit Windows systems - WebLogic Server without Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse
- Run the Oracle WebLogic Server Installer directly from the CD-ROM, or copy the file to your local system and run it locally.
For example, on 32-bit systems:
wls1033_win32.exeFor example, on 64-bit systems:
JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar wls1033_generic.jarSolaris Sparc with Sun JDK 64-bit and HP-UX with 64-bit JDK:
JAVA_HOME/bin/java -d64 -jar wls1033_generic.jarWindows:
JAVA_HOME\bin\java -jar wls1033_generic.jarFor 64-bit installations:
Note:After you start the Oracle WebLogic Server Installer, the Welcome screen appears.
- Before running the installer, set the
DISPLAYenvironment variable on your system.
JAVA_HOMEwith the installation location of the supported JDK you installed for your platform.
- Use the
-d64flag when using 32/64-bit hybrid JDKs (such as the HP JDK for HP-UX and SUN JDK for Solaris SPARC).
/bin/java -d64 -versionon 32/64-bit hybrid JDKs) to ensure that your JAVA_HOME refers to a 64-bit JDK.
- Before running the installer, set the
- Click Next. The Choose Middleware Home Directory screen appears.
- Select Create a new Middleware Home and identify the desired location for your new Middleware Home directory, which is the top-level directory for all Oracle Fusion Middleware products. The WebLogic Home directory will be created inside the Middleware Home directory.
Note:If the Middleware Home directory already exists on your system, it must be an empty directory. Do not enter any special characters in the name of the Middleware Home directory.
- Select whether or not you want to receive the latest product and security updates. If you choose not to receive anything, you will be asked to verify your selection before continuing.
Click Next. The Choose Install Type screen appears.
- Select the Typical install type and click Next. The Choose Product Installation Directories screen appears.
- Specify the desired location for your WebLogic Server Home directory and click Next.
If you are installing Oracle WebLogic Server on a UNIX system, the Installation Summary screen appears.
If you are installing Oracle WebLogic Server on a Windows system, the Choose Shortcut Location screen appears. Specify a location where you want Windows to create a shortcut to Oracle products and click Next. The Installation Summary screen appears.
- Click Next on the Installation Summary screen.
The Installation Progress screen appears.
- Click Next. The Installation Complete screen appears.
- De-select Run Quickstart and click Done to exit the Installer.
Specifically, ensure that you create and load the Metadata Services schema under AS Common Schemas.
- Start your installation.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen. The Select Installation Type screen appears.
- On the Select Installation Type screen, choose either Typical or Custom.
Note:If you are installing Oracle Service Bus on a 64-bit machine, select the Custom installation type. You must deselect the Oracle Service Bus IDE option.
- If all prerequisite checks pass inspection, click Next. The Specify Installation Location screen appears.
- On the Specify Installation Location screen, in the Oracle Middleware Home field, enter the path to the Oracle Middleware Home installed on your system. Ensure that Oracle WebLogic Server is already installed on the system in the same Middleware Home. This directory is the same as the Oracle Middleware Home directory created in the Oracle WebLogic Server installation.
- In the Oracle Home Directory field, enter a name for the Oracle Home folder that will be created under your Middleware Home.
- In the WebLogic Server Location field, enter the path to the Oracle WebLogic Server installed on your machine. By default, this directory under your Middleware Home is named
Steps to create a new domain with only Oracle Service Bus:
- Install the Oracle WebLogic Server, as described above
- Install the Oracle Service Bus 11g software, as described above,
- Start the Oracle Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard by running the following command:
The Oracle Fusion Middleware Configuration Wizard appears.
- On the Welcome screen, select the Create a new WebLogic domain option. Click Next. The Select Domain Source screen appears.
- On the Select Domain Source screen ensure that the Generate a domain configured automatically to support the following products: option is selected. Select a domain configuration option.